Wednesday 11 January 2017

Tengu teaser

hi all

Just a quick post today, more of a teaser than anything else. Over the next few posts I'll be showing you the figures that I've painted up for my Silvermoon Trade Syndicate and they are bad ass Bushido miniatures, seriously the faction is gorgeous and will be the faction I take to "Daimyo of the South", the next tournament for Bushido that I can attend being held in Portsmouth. 

However for xmas I got models to make up two new factions for Bushido so although I've been concentrating on my STS I just put this bad boy together for the other faction - The Tengu Descension and I simply cannot wait to show him to you even though I've literally only primed him, something I never ever do (shows you how excited I am by ths model), so my apologies to the gangsters of the Syndicate but here is the centrepiece of the Tengu faction - Buzenbo.

shown with a normal 32mm scale Bushido warrior
 and this is what I'm hoping he will look like(ish)....


Now if you guys don't get a little excited (in a nerdy/gaming way) by a (32mm scale) 10 foot tall bird-samurai shooting a 8 foot longbow then you are dead from the neck down (joke.....well sort of.....).  Like I say I never normally post just a primed model but I'm seriously excited by this dude so an exception had to be made...

hope you enjoy
dGG


20 comments:

  1. It is a very nice sculpt Andy, can see why you are looking forward to painting it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can certainly see why you are so in awe of this incredible figure. What a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely mate, I don't usually get this excited but he's immense!

      Delete
  3. I can see why you're really excited about painting such a cool mini. It presses my geek button too! And I don't even play Bushido. Yet. But a '10 foot tall bird-samurai shooting a 8 foot longbow' is quite a lure! Looking forward to seeing the finished result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a corker of a model he is Tim! He already is getting some paint

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's one really cool sculpt. I can see why you're excited. All this eye candy is making Bushido awful tempting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! GCT do lovely sculpts mate, simple as

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, that looks amazing - what a great model.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who doesn't like a giant bird with a bow and arrow?

    Cracking sculpt, good luck with painting it.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great little tease of a posting Andy. I love your WIP postings and this another cracker :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He (she?) is amazing Simon, tempted yet? ;-)

      Delete
  8. This reminds me that I really ought to finish painting Master Crow, although I have a feeling he won't be half as impressive as this chap. I shall look forward to seeing him in all his painted glory once you've finished him off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, finish him and the "Way of the Crow" ;-)

      Delete
  9. Wow ! That's one huge, vicious looking version of "Big Bird", but I'm guessing it'll not be yellow!
    I do wondr how many times it'll be knocked over when playing but even so, it'll be magnificent when you're finished painting it, I've no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big Bird on 'roids, Joe! Nope not yellow but yes magnificent. He's on a 40mm base so hopefully not too often but yes I will be careful none the less

      Delete